WVHRA Board Spotlight - March 2021
Meet Rob Fox, WVHRA's Membership Director!
You may know Rob as WVHRA's Membership Director or Human REsources Manager for the Vigo County Public Library but how well do you know Rob?
- Why did you get into HR? I started my career in HR because I wanted to help improve workplaces for employees.
- What do you love most about your job? What I love most about my job is being able to assist employees with their benefits and HR related questions.
- What has been one of your greatest professional accomplishments? I'd say my greatest professional accomplishment is the difference I've made for employees over the past 14 years in HR. I've been told by employees that I'm a trailblazer and I've been an agent of change for the betterment of organizations where I've worked. There's no bigger reward than being appreciated by those you serve!
- How has being a member of SHRM or your local chapter helped you in your career? SHRM and the Wabash Valley Human Resources Association have helped me become more actively involved in my community, and have afforded me professional networking and development opportunities. Ongoing learning helps me better serve the employees in my organization.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work? I enjoy hiking in State and local parks, gardening, traveling (mostly where there's sand, sun, and water!), spending time with family and friends, arts/theater, movies, and spending time with our pets.
Stay turned for our next WVHRA member spotlight!
Professional Development and Recertification Opportunities
Are you looking for professional development opportunities? Are you in need of recertification credits in 2021?
Here are some resources as you make plans for 2021.
Interested in sitting for a HRCI or SHRM ceritifcation? Check out the links below!
Have a resource you'd like to share with WVHRA members? Send us an email today!
2021 WVHRA Dues Renewal
Thank you for being a member of the Wabash Valley Human Resources Association in 2020. More importantly, thank you for being a cornerstone in your workplace during 2020, as you navigated unprecedented and challenging times for you, your employees, and their families. Members like you are what makes the WVHRA stand out as the Wabash Valley’s leader in the Human Resources field.
If you’ve not already taken the opportunity to renew your 2021 WVHRA membership, you may do so online by logging in to your account and submitting a payment via Paypal, or you may complete a dues notice and submit with payment to:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Members that pay dues via PayPal should click the "Return to Merchant" button on the receipt generated by PayPal. This will complete the transaction.
Make 2021 a year for continued professional growth, and renew your WVHRA membership today! Please feel free to connect with me regarding any WVHRA membership questions.
WVHRA Membership Director
We hope you all are doing the best you can to take care of yourselves and your workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are confident that HR professionals are staying up-to-date on the latest developments and we wanted to provide a list of resources as well.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Hamilton Center, Inc.
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
- SHRM Coronavirus Resources
- Social Security Administration
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Resources
- State of Indiana Coronavirus Resources
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
- Terre Haute Regional Hospital
- Union Hospital COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Vigo County Health Department
If you have a resource to share that is not listed above, please send it to us by clicking here.